Monday, April 24, 2017

MY LATEST AWARD

I Won the Tri-Valley Writers 2017 Conference 
Prose Contest Award!

I attended a Writers Conference Saturday -- a full day of presentations and networking put on by the Tri-Valley Writers Club in Pleasanton, CA. It was well done, inspiring, and motivating. I met some interesting writers, learned some helpful tips, and even won an award!
When I registered for the conference, I submitted some poems and a short story to their contest. After a full day of listening to other writers share their experiences and offer us advice, we assembled for the presentation of awards. The poetry awardee wasn't present, so they went right to the short story award. There were three top stories and they held us in suspense by giving comments first about the 3rd place story, then the second place story, and finally the first place winner. As they described the story, I started to shake because it sounded like my story! Yes, it was my "Ma and Pa" story that won! 

I was thrilled, over the moon, excited, and just like on TV, choked up with emotion. I stumbled to the podium to read my story to the group while teared up and nearly flat out crying. I wished I could have read it better, but folks came up to me and congratulated me and said it was a very moving piece, so I guess most of it came through.

How to top a high like that? Stay tuned--maybe another story or poem will win at the San Mateo County Fair in June. I love the California Writers Club!

Penelope Anne Cole Multi-Award Winning Author of Magical Matthew, Magical Mea, Magical Mea Goes to School, Magical Max and 
Magical Mickey, and  Magical Max and Magical Mickey’s Big Surprise
In and Out, All ‘Round About – Opposite Friends
What’s for Dinner? and ¿Q vamos a comer?:
For Halloween: Ten Little Tricksters and Diez pequeños bromistas
New:  My Grandma and Me Coloring Book
Web/Blogs:  http://www.penelopeannecole.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PenelopeAnneColeAuthor
FREE Skype Author School Visits






No comments:

Post a Comment